The A.G. Tamilnadu Bible College (AGTBC) was founded in the year 1948 by Missionary Oliver L. Foth of USA. The AGTBC has the distinction of being the first Pentecostal College in the State of Tamilnadu in India. It was then known as the Tamil Bible School. To start with, the Bible School was conducted in a rented house at Mothilal second street, Madurai.
The name Tamil Bible School was changed as Tamil Bible Institute in 1963 and was offering a Certificate level course (C.Th). After Rev. Oliver L. Foth, many missionaries worked for the promotion of this Bible Institute. In 1978 the leadership of the Institution was passed on to Indian nationals.
In the year 1982 the AGTBC was upgraded to college level and christened as Assemblies of God Tamilnadu Bible College. Until 1993 a three – year Graduate in Theology (G.Th) degree was offered. Now the AGTBC offers a two year Diploma in Theology (Dip. Th) a three year Bachelor of Theology (B.Th) and a three year Master of Divinity (M.Div) through its residential programme which are accredited by the Asian Theological Association. A two year Theology course (CCM/DCM) is also offered through its Extension Centres, since 1992.
As in all the A.G. Bible Colleges, the AGTBC education has been a ministry – oriented education. Over 60 batches of graduates have gone out of this institution, serving the Lord in various parts of India and abroad. It is our honour that 90% of the A.G. Pastors of Tamilnadu are our graduates and most of the A.G.leaders of Tamilnadu are graduates of this Institution.